We work with a small number of ecommerce businesses to help them make more money from Google Adwords, often adding hundreds of thousands of dollars to their bottom line, year after year.
I wasn’t sure if Alex and his team would be able to do any better than our previous agency, but since hiring them our revenue from Adwords has more than doubled and our return on ad spend has increased by more than 50%.
Is This You?
- You know that Adwords is important to your business, and that by not using it correctly, you’re losing sales and revenue to your competitors every day.
- You don’t really ‘get’ Adwords, and you don’t have the time to ‘figure it out’.
- You’ve tried outsourcing it in the past, but have been burned by an agency who promised the world, but didn’t take the time to really understand your business, and couldn’t get real results.
Like most ecommerce businesses, we had had bad experiences with a few different PPC agencies. Our last agency wasn’t able to get a great ROI for us, and it seemed like they were doing very little each month to optimize our campaigns.
Before hiring Alex and his team, we were a little concerned that we would be getting more of the same, but he took the time to understand our industry, products, and customers and immediately went to work optimizing our campaigns. Just in the past 6 months we have seen our Google Adwords revenue increase over 150% while at the same time increasing our Return on Ad Spend. We are getting more sales from less ad spend! We are very pleased with Alex and his team and look forward to working with him for a long time.
You Could Try ManagingAdwords In House, But..
- It’s constantly evolving, and you and your team probably don’t have capacity to continually stay on top of new features and changes (Google release hundreds of small changes every year) to continue to get the most out of it.
- You have a business to run, and your time is better spent elsewhere.
- You’d miss out on the insights and experience from working with a team of experts who are continually testing different strategies for a variety of ecommerce businesses.
Ascendancy’s management and work ethic has been second to none, doubling our revenue figures whilst giving us a very favorable ROI in a short amount of time. Their knowledge in other areas, above and beyond the scope of our engagement, has resulted in us being able to explore other worthy advertising channels that may never have been considered
The Problem with Most Adwords Agencies...
- They’re just not that good at Adwords. Most agencies don’t really understand more than the basics, and don’t invest the time in continually honing the craft of Adwords, and their clients suffer as a result.
- They don’t understand how to manage an Adwords account efficiently. Very few agencies have figured out how to use Adwords scripts and other tools to efficiently and effectively improve Adwords performance. As a result, they waste hours on low level tasks that should be automated, and their clients suffer as a result.
- They don’t really understand the nuances of Adwords for ecommerce, including the kinds of advanced strategies for Google Shopping and Dynamic Remarketing that can skyrocket your profit from Adwords.
- They try to be everything to everyone. A lot of agencies will also offer SEO, design, development, or any other service possible to increase their revenue. How can they possibly be exceptional at so many different things?
- They’re more concerned with squeezing as much money out of you as possible, rather than growing your business.
Working with Alex and the team, Adwords revenue has more than doubled, and return on ad spend has increased over 60% compared to our previous agency. The team’s knowledge of Google advertising is superb and their desire to understand our business and products is equally impressive. The level of transparency we receive on work completed is truly professional and regular suggestions for improvement on point. To anyone who has an eCommerce business, we highly recommend them!
How We're Different
- We specialise. We believe that how well you do something is directly related to how many things you do. By focusing exclusively on Adwords for ecommerce businesses (and other search advertising platforms like Bing Ads), we’ve been able to develop a deep expertise that most other agencies can’t compete with. This leads to better results for your business.
- We partner with clients for years. Most agencies only care about one thing – increasing their own revenue. Often this leads to them aggressively pursuing new clients, over-promising and under-delivering, and a client base that is constantly churning. We’ve found that by doing everything that we can get to achieve incredible results for our clients, we can turn them into clients for life, and our business grows as a result.
- We’re able to think beyond Adwords. Most agencies are so focused on Adwords metrics like click-through-rate, Quality Score, etc. (if they’re even looking at your account at all) that they lose sight of the big picture. We’ve been able to add value to clients’ businesses in a number of areas beyond Adwords, including; identifying opportunities to reposition products based on relative search volume and competitor positioning, identifying opportunities to easily increase revenue from organic search, helping to improve landing pages and conversion funnels, etc.
- We want what is best for your business. Unlike most of our competitors, if we can’t get real results for your business (yes, this does sometimes happen), we won’t try to mislead you just so that we can continue to get paid until you figure out what’s going on. Instead of leaving a trail of burned businesses behind us, we’re proud that most of our past clients are happy to recommend us to others.
After doing an internal review of our spending on advertising and marketing activities, I decided to contact Alex Fredheim and his team at Ascendancy Digital to see if they could assist us with overhauling our Adwords campaign to make it more effective.
Alex spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone to gain a detailed understanding of how our business operates, why our existing Adwords campaign wasn’t working and what our goals are.
Ascendancy Digital came back with a very thorough and detailed proposal of what they could do for us, which I was very happy to go ahead with. We are now into our third month and I’m delighted with the results so far – our revenue from Adwords has more than tripled in this short time with only a modest increase in cost.
If you are currently using Adwords to promote your business or your products, or even if you are considering using it, I would highly recommend you to contact Alex and the team at Ascendancy Digital. He will give you a very straightforward analysis of what he can do to help you and the thing I like most is that he will only move forward if he is sure there will be a benefit to you.
Why We ProbablyShouldn't Work Together...
- We’re not the cheapest. If you have a new business or tight budget for Adwords, we’re not going to be a good fit (but don’t hesitate to contact us for a recommendation to a lower cost agency who might be a better fit).
- We’re ecommerce specialists. We’ve gotten great results for a variety of different businesses in the past, but we have found that ecommerce is where we can have the greatest impact. If you’re in another industry, we encourage you to contact us so that we can refer you to another agency that we trust, but we’re probably not a good fit ourselves.
- We don’t do well with bureaucracy. We like to work with businesses that are flexible and fast-moving. If approval for an ad copy change is going to require a series of meetings, or paying an invoice promptly requires deft, cross-departmental political manoeuvring within your company, we’re not right for you.
We’re open about the fact that we’re not right for everyone, and we turn down multiple prospective clients for every one that we accept.
We Might Be RightFor You, If...
- You have an established, successful ecommerce business.
- You have an Adwords budget of at least $5,000 per month.
- You have a high quality, ethical product (or product range).
- You have a good website that is proven to convert visitors into leads or customers.
- You have used Adwords before, either through an agency, or managing it internally.
Our best clients meet at least three of the following criteria:
NOTE: If you don’t think that you’re a good fit but still need help with Adwords, don’t hesitate to contact us, and we’d be happy to recommend another agency who might be able to help.
Highly recommend Ascendancy for eCommerce businesses looking to improve their results from Adwords.
Our Adwords Management Process
Our process increasing your leads, sales and revenue from Adwords usually looks like this:
- Research. We start with building an understanding of your business, target market, competitors and market, and your history with Adwords and other marketing channels.
- Strategy and planning. We develop an overarching strategy and roadmap which outlines how we proceed over the next three to six months, from account structure and keyword match type strategies, keyword selection, ad copy messaging, and which channels we will progressively test (remarketing, display advertising, Shopping Ads, etc.).
- Implementation. We implement our strategy, which will mean either an overhaul of your existing campaigns to improve performance, or where necessary, the creation of new campaigns from scratch.
- Continual optimisation. Once we’ve started advertising and gathering data, we refine and optimise your campaigns to continually improve upon the results that you’re getting.
- Expansion. Once we’ve found what is working for you, we try to expand upon this by testing new advertising channels, strategies, and markets. For many long-term clients who have seen their revenue growth from their online advertising slow over time, this is what has pushed them to the next level.
- Moving beyond Adwords and PPC advertising. Over time, we often find that we can help clients in a number of areas beyond their PPC advertising, including improving their landing pages (for some clients this occurs at the beginning of the engagement), identifying areas where they can improve their copy and positioning, and using keyword research to identify underserved markets or opportunities for product expansion.
The best of the best.
How We Work
- We offer a complete Adwords management service, which essentially means that we do everything possible within Adwords (and advise you where necessary on everything outside of it) to continually get you the best possible results. We don’t offer any kind of partial management, and we don’t usually take on one-off projects.
- We report to you regularly on our performance. If we’re not able to achieve great results for you, we’ll be upfront about that with you.
- We charge a monthly management fee. This varies depending upon the scope and complexity of the campaigns required to get the best possible results for your business, and your level of ad spend. If we seem like a good fit for working together, we’ll quote you a management fee.
- We don’t require you to commit to any kind of minimum service period, as we prefer to rely on the results that we create for you, rather than contracts, to justify an ongoing relationship.